As the Healthcare industry changes, the needs of the patient does as well. With the introduction of smart phones, technology and the way we consume it differs greatly to how it once was.
The introduction of the smart TV is the latest change. What we offer is the ability to utilize all the positives of this technology within the sometimes difficult environment of a hospital ward. By offering app based technology we are able to provide the patients with new ways to keep in contact with their families, keep up to date with current events, watch their favourite shows and films on demand and fully participate in social media platforms, as well as surfing the web using just the TV remote. There are also little extras for the patient like being able to use Bluetooth to pair their Smartphone devices in order to see photos and videos.
Using the current cabling infrastructure HTS has within the hospital, we can provide a unique solution in patient entertainment.
- Current app driven technology to expand communication for patient
- Ability to use domestic services such as NETFLIX, On Demand services, YouTube, Amazon and many more
- Broader range of social media packages
- Screen mirroring allows the patient to pair their Smartphone with the unit
- Using a USB stick, the patient can even record TV
- Sealed units are easy to clean and infection control style remotes can be provided
Secure Internet Connection
We provide a safe, dedicated internet connection either wired or wireless to allow streaming to each TV at speeds of up to 40mbps (region dependent).
Network & Equipment Maintenance
The units, network and TV distribution equipment is monitored and maintained by our qualified engineers
System Features at a Glance
Smart TV services
Catch up TV: BBC iPlayer, ITV
Player, 4oD, Demand 5, BBC News, BBC Sport
Full internet browser
Social media: Facebook, Twitter
Smart TV features
Built in WIFI
22" - 42" Screen Size
Ethernet & Wireless Connection
HDMI to RJ45
50 TV channels and 24 digital Radio channels